Friday, May 15, 2015

so simple you'll kick yourself

If you have kids, you probably have stuffed animals. I think the average stuffed animal to kid ratio in America is 500 to 1. And if you're like me, you probably beg and plead your kids to get rid of some, just some, of their stuffed animals.

The problem with my kids is, they really do play with 90% of their stuffed animals. They have never been doll people, but stuffed animals are a different story--especially now that my two oldest have discovered Beanie Boos. Yikes. Their room is swimming in little plush animals with gigantic, creepy eyes.

This is not a new project--I did this several years ago, but I think it's a pretty clever idea. We needed a place for all the stuffed animals that would keep them out of the way but still easily accessible.

www.smallhousehappyfamily.blogspot.com
Exhibit 1: a pile of stuffed animals, cluttering up the floor and resulting in some pretty colorful swear words  slight frustration from parents tripping over toys in the middle of the night.
Exhibit 2: all the stuffed animals neatly and easily corralled inside an empty bean bag chair. Bonus, now there is a comfy spot to plop down and read Dr. Seuss.

Now, maybe this isn't quite as groundbreaking as I thought. Maybe you thought of this on your own years ago, and now you're thinking "Duh, Kate, every idiot has done that." If so, than you probably have other great small space storage ideas--I'd love to hear some!

No comments:

Post a Comment