Tuesday, April 28, 2015

First birthday party: Pearl in One-derland

My baby is one!
I love planning parties, so I had a great time planning Pearl's first birthday bash. We gave Pearl a really cute Babylit "Alice in Wonderland" board book for Christmas and that was the inspiration for this party--only we decided to call it Pearl in One-derland, since she is one now!


I created this sweet invitation for the party with some Alice in Wonderland motifs.


For decorations, I teamed up with a couple of great friends who lent me all their treasures. The decorated mason jars, burlap, and tulle are from my brother and sister-in-law's wedding and another almost sister-in-law's bridal shower (we've been passing them around for all the different events!).



Juno got the Babylit "Jabberwocky" book for Christmas, so we pulled it out for the mantel!


Pearl's special smash cake was set on a dark green flower pot turned upside down (it looks like a little toadstool!) We hung a banner with her name above the table and scattered tulle pompoms across the table and burlap runner. I had the book I made of Pearl's birth photos out for guests to look at, along with the special book that her three older sisters collaborated on and her Alice in Wonderland book.



The Alice in Wonderland book is set on a little wooden chair, reminiscent of the one Alice fell into on her way down the rabbit hole.


Celebrate!


These jars reminded me of the "Drink me" jars and bottles.


To welcome guests, I made this sign post: "Pearl in One-derland; wrong way; this way; that way; over there!" I set it on another wooden chair next to a stack of old books tied with a gold ribbon.


And here's the birthday girl with her proud parents!


Pearl had so much fun being the center of attention and really, really loved her smash cake! She ate about half of that fairly large cake. I guess she got my sweet tooth. It's been a fun year, baby girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment