Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Lately I feel like my head is going to explode from all the projects I want to do.
I start one and can barely finish it before I start obsessing over something else. Just ask Jason, he has had to sit through many long conversations (is it a conversation if it's just me going on and on and on) about all the things I want to do and the best way to do them.
I think it's mostly from deciding to stay in our house long(er) term. If we're going to stay, I want to truly love everything about our house and not wait to do some of the projects in my head.

One project I checked off this spring was windowboxes. 
They were easy to make and only cost about $20 for two 4 ft boxes!
Look how much they dress up the windows! The poor before picture is so plain and boring. And the flowers have really filled in more since that picture was taken. I'm loving them!


So what else is on my list?

We're going to rebuild our treehouse to make it have a bigger deck. Right now it's just a small platform nestled between four trees with a slide coming down--well, right now it's a pile of boards on the ground because I took it apart yesterday. It won't be anything huge or fancy when I'm done, but it will be bigger and have a sweet little house frame on the platform. I'm excited to make it a fun backyard getaway for my girls!

I've been completely obsessed with pergolas ever since I saw my friend's new custom pergola that her talented husband built. My dad has graciously agreed to tackle it for me when he comes for a business trip/visit in October, but in the meantime I think I'll just string some patio lights from the house to poles along the edge of my deck. I'm thinking concrete orbs anchoring copper piping to string the lights back and forth.

What projects do you have on your list?

No comments:

Post a Comment