Thursday, May 28, 2015

SOS

I have deemed this the summer of the backyard and I'm finally tackling all the little projects in the backyard that never get done because no one sees it. 
Yay!
Most of them are fun!
Here's one that is not!
I desperately needed to paint the back doors leading from the kitchen to the deck because the wood was starting to rot in places. They were white, but I saw a picture on Pinterest of a house with tan siding and black exterior french doors. I loved the look, so I decided to do that!


But after two coats of glossy black paint, I decided I was wrong wrong wrong. It was like looking into a pit of despair. Or like the Nothing from Never Ending Story.


So then I decided gray would be better. But THIS IS WORSE THAN THE BLACK!! I chose a very blue gray (gray is hard). This is definitely not working. I have one more darker, more grayer gray to try (close to charcoal). If that doesn't work, I need your help--
Should I go back to white? Or should I try to find a good red for the doors? If it makes a difference, everything on the deck is very warm tones.

No comments:

Post a Comment