Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Welcome summer!

Hello summer!

I am having so much fun planning summer activities for my kids, transforming our backyard into the perfect summer hangout, and making salad for dinner basically every night.
Oh, and drinking lemonade. Lots and lots of lemonade.


If you're like me and you love good fresh lemonade (not the powdered stuff!!) then this post is for you!
I have the easiest, most satisfying fresh lemonade recipe to share. I've seen similar recipes floating around Pinterest, but here's my take on it.


1. Quarter six lemons and add to a blender with 1 1/2 cups sugar and 10 cups cold water. Yes, you're adding the lemons quarters whole--no peeling or juicing required! You'll probably have to do this in two batches--my Ninja jar was just slightly too small. Blend for about 30 seconds.


2.  Press the mixture with a wooden spoon through a very fine mesh sieve to strain out all the bits of pulp and peel.


3. Enjoy--preferably on your back deck or patio and from a mason jar! I drank mine while planning my two week menu with my favorite magazine, Cooking Light. 
This is the perfect lemonade to make big batches of and keep in the fridge for all those summer times that you just have to have a glass of lemonade--it's also great for lemonade stands!

I'm glad I made this the SUMMER OF THE BACKYARD because it is coming together really nicely. I can't wait to show you our back deck (or as I like to call it, our outdoor living room), our soon-to-be expanded treehouse, and our new fire pit!



No comments:

Post a Comment