Tuesday, August 18, 2015

love where you live

Hello!
Isn't it nice when you love where you live?
I know not every situation is ideal, but I do think it's possible to find something good about anywhere you end up.
This is coming from someone who has fond memories, yes, fond, of living in Laramie, Wyoming, where it was regularly 0 degrees and the wind never. stopped. blowing.
But the SLC area is easy to love. 
One of my favorite things about where we live is how much free stuff there is to do. I am all about free!!! It seems like as soon as I think we've exhausted the awesomeness of Salt Lake, I discover something new.

Today we went to The Train Shoppe in South Salt Lake. It's the biggest model train store in the area, but the cool part is in back, where there are several model trains set up that you can "drive" for 25 cents. My girls are watching the Hogwarts Express right here!


I really cannot do this place justice. The back room is all wild west themed and there are three party rooms--a hotel, a saloon, and a jail. In addition to the quarter operated model trains, there's also a train that kids can ride on and shoot at targets for $2. That wasn't open today, so we haven't ridden it, but we have plans to go back in October when it's decorated for Halloween.
If you have a kid that's into trains or miniatures, this place is awesome! In fact, I think pretty much any kid will think it's great. Heck, I thought it was great!

After the train shop, we decided to look for the SLC Pepper mural. It's just a block or two south of the Gateway, so easy to find. I'll admit I'm not a Beatles fan, but this mural is awesome. I have dreams of someday taking my kids on a SLC mural tour--maybe next summer?! 


So after the mural, Helena was so thirsty that we decided to go to the Planetarium on our way back to our car so we could get a drink of water. The Planetarium is awesome, so of course we had to hang out there for a while. By the time we finished there, we were all hungry, so we headed out to the taco stand right outside and got some super yum tacos.


Salt Lake City pride!

No comments:

Post a Comment