Monday, August 10, 2015

summer fun (or where I've been)

It's been quite a while since I posted anything!

When I started this blog, it was partly because I no longer posted at my kids eat off the floor. I thought a fresh start with a new format and new ideas would help.
I'm hoping that once school starts in two weeks I will get back on track!


Let me tell you about some of the fun things we've done this summer!
Park passports: We've visited four parks and two splash pads that aren't our usual go-to neighborhood park. The girls dutifully fill in their park passports after each visit!


Science: We've burst a watermelon using rubber bands, attempted a Rube Goldberg machine (it failed), melted a giant ice cube to get to rubber sea creatures, blown up a balloon with baking soda, made a doodlebot, built and destroyed a dam in our neighborhood park creek...


Field trips: One of my favorite things about summer is that it gives us the opportunity to go to all the many fun places in our area that we can't get to during the school year. This year we've gone to: the fairy forest, the SLC library, Hill Air Force Base museum, Pioneer Quarry Trail, Great Salt Lake Shoreline preserve in Layton, the farmer's market, movie in the park, hiking several times, the pioneer museum in Provo...


Vacations:  We've been totally spoiled this summer, with 10 days in Tennessee, four days in Washington DC, a weekend in Idaho Falls, and a weekend at our family cabin. 


We have two more weeks of summer and we're going to try to cram as much fun into it as we can!


No comments:

Post a Comment